Brooklyn's version of the Carnival

I'm typing a new intro over and over to this entry because, well, words just can't do it justice. The West Indian Day Parade on Eastern Parkway is a party all it's own. I could describe what people were doing or what they were wearing. But in all honesty, it doesn't even begin to explain what it is like to stroll through and experience it.

I have never been to Rio or Trinidad, let alone the Carnival. I haven't attended the Maudi Gras in New Orleans. Those are what I am told is the inspiration behind the parade. But I can't even compare them cuz I have never been to any of those. All I can say is be sure you make it next year. Don't go too late if you don't like an enormous crowd.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving spam, do not bother. If you are linking to your own blog or website, do so after you put a relevant comment. Otherwise, I will delete it.