Signs Of Summer Finally Surface In Brooklyn

What up, everybody! It's been a busy busy time over here. Summer is definitely here and the shows have begun. If you didn't hear, Rakim* gave an incredible performance (as if we'd expect anything less of the God Emcee) last night in Red Hook Park.



But not to worry, there are numerous other shows this summer, some free and others not so free. There is the Celebrate Brooklyn series (concerts, films, dance parties) at Prospect Park and various locations. There is no word yet about the Seaside Summer Concert Series out in Coney Island. The News Herald published that it kicked off this week, but I have yet to see anything else on the web.

As for this weekend, I have been hearing of a lot of things going down. Friday is National Doughnut Day, which is one of the few days my wife leaves me alone while eating them. I just may set up camp over in Bed Stuy to win this:
 
Then on Saturday, our friends over at Brooklyn Based are doing another installation of their annual immersion series in Red Hook.I keep missing them but hear good things. Bounce on over to Governors Island for the Figment NYC art festival. And if you haven't been to the park in a few years, you don't need to go thru the city to get there.

If you're like me and history is your thing, you might want to head on over to Plymouth Church this Sunday evening. They will be hosting a Juneteenth event. The church itself played a big role in the abolitionist movement in Brooklyn and the greater NYC area.What ever you choose to do, have a great weekend.
* My apologies for playing with the text size, I'm a huge Rakim fan

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving spam, do not bother. If you are linking to your own blog or website, do so after you put a relevant comment. Otherwise, I will delete it.